Franconia Sculpture Park Tour Program
Explore sculpture up-close!
Schedule a Guided-Tour | FREE Sunday Tours | Self-Guided Tours
Anytime April through November
Suggested donation of $3 per participant for guided-tours
Participate in an artist-led tour of the ever-changing exhibition of 100+ sculptures. Tour guides encourage group discussion and facilitate active participation and critical thinking from visitors. We want you to share your thoughts with us!
Click HERE to schedule your guided-tour today!
• 60 to 90 minute guided-tours take participants throughout the 20-acre sculpture exhibition.
• Participants are encouraged to interact with the large-scale sculptures to learn about materials, concepts, aesthetics, and techniques.
• Tours include a visit to the outdoor studio to learn about works-in-progress and the creative process from Franconia’s artists-in residence.
• Tour guides provide catered tour content to accommodate the group’s age and specific learning objectives.
• The entire tour is outdoors. Please wear seasonally appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
• There are 3 public restrooms onsite, however there is no public drinking fountain. There is bottled water for sale.
• We offer several picnic tables at the park. Bring a lunch or snack for before or after your tour!
• We ask that groups bring 1 adult chaperone per every 15 K-12 students.
• The max. number of participants is 120. If you have a larger group, please contact Franconia staff to inquire about accommodations.
• We maintain a ratio of 1 tour guide per 20 participants. Groups of 20 or more will be divided between guides.
• For the safety of visitors and the preservation of the artwork, climbing on sculptures is prohibited, but many of the works on exhibit offer opportunity for touch and interaction.
• Franconia Sculpture Park is accessible to all! There are 2 golf carts available for those who need assistance touring the exhibition. If anyone in your group has special needs, let Franconia staff know and we will be happy to make accommodations.
• Photography is permitted.
Franconia provides tours rain or shine! Please call (651) 257-6668 or email email@example.com to reschedule your tour or notify us of a delay in your arrival. In the event of severe weather conditions, we will contact you to reschedule your tour.
2pm May through November
• Meet your tour guide at the information center to learn about the sculptures and artists at Franconia by participating in an hour-long guided tour.
• Explore the 20-acre sculpture exhibition of 100+ large-scale sculptures.
• Visit with Franconia’s artists-in-residence in the outdoor studio and learn about works-in-progress.
• Discover the ideas, concepts, themes, and processes of the work with behind-the-scenes information from your tour guide.
• Donations are welcome and encouraged to help sustain Franconia’s Tour Program!
This activity is funded, in part, through a grant from the East Central Regional Arts Council thanks to an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.
Franconia is open from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year for self-guided tours.
• Start in the Information Center to learn about Franconia’s history, programs, and upcoming events.
• Read the posted signs at each sculpture to find out who made it, where they are from, out of what, and when!
• Visit the outdoor studio and talk with the artists about what they are creating. Feel free to ask, “what are you making?!”
Check out our online activities. Print out a scavenger hunt or sculpture crossword puzzle and bring it with on your visit.
Learn about the artwork on exhibition before or after your visit by exploring our interactive map online.
The grounds are flat with gravel trails and mowed paths. All trails are passable by electrically powered chairs, but some trails are strenuous for manual chairs. We offer accessible parking and restroom facilities. We also have 2 golf carts available for those who require mobility assistance touring the exhibition. Please call (651) 257-6668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a golf-cart for your visit.